Narehate in Ilblu take the form of what it is they most desire, and are granted the village's protection. In exchange, they are bound to the village, and a force field prevents them from leaving.
The village itself seems to be somewhat sophisticated. It has restaurants, inns, and a system of currency.
The main industry in the village is trading based on the concept of "value." The inhabitants are constantly trading and bartering for things of equal or higher value. An item's value seems to be self determined by whoever is in possession of the item, as well as by the village itself based on the importance the item has to its owner. It is such an important concept, that when a customer damages an item before it is paid for, an event called "The Balancing" occurs. A noise rings out across the village, and one of the perpetrator's possessions of equal value is destroyed. The perpetrator may even be maimed in order to compensate for the defacement, if the value of the damaged item is high enough.
Humans are of especially high value, especially human children.
Since the narehate of Ilblu cannot leave, the only way they can hunt is to lure prey into the city.
Ilblu has an extremely convoluted language system, wherein the meaning of words tends to change back and forth. For example,
"Iruburu" (Ilblu) means:
- "village" 50% of the time
- "cradle" 40% of the time
- "mother" 10% of this time.
"Jyako pufu" means:
- "ask" 40% of the time
- "special" 30% of the time
- "stimulation" 30% of the time
Phrases the restaurant worker taught Riko: Edit
- "Kefukeferi?" (How much is this worth?)
- "Maen" (politely agree)
- "Ngamu" (politely deny)
- "Mimiu" (Excuse me)
- "Ienme" (Thanks) (80%)
- "Riezochi" (Sorry)
- "Famo" (See you)
- "Sansaika" (I want to go)
- "Rahossu" (Please)
- "Shukaeigitsu goshusosu" (You will go bankrupt if you try to buy me)
- "Kobuchakyu jinshitsufafu" (Do you know a robot and a fluffy thing?)
- "Rahochusosu jinnshitsufafu" (I'm looking for a robot and a fluffy thing)
- "Kon Bosu" (Got it)
- "Ngangamadeimo" (I don't understand)
- "Menme" (Come in)
- "Fasshienbunee" (Let's go, everyone)
- "Indemaen" (Of course)
- "Rahoossu" (Do it)
- "Sazonfattsu" (Metal Wire Squad)
- "Wiigorii" (Hold him down)